Tuesday, September 25, 2012

DIY NURSERY Part 3

FURNITURE . . . . . . . 



Here is the hutch.. . . 

Here are the newly painted hutch.  It doesn't really look to much different as it was just a new coat of white paint, but I did add this wooden shelf.
I wanted the furniture to all link in with the birch rocker in some way, otherwise the rocker would have been the only thing not white.






My new wooden toys from FB business Wooden It Be Lovely. I have more of the range,
 but they are still packed away.


Here is the dressing table . . . . 

I wanted it to be white, but couldn't decide what to do with the drawers. I might still cover them in fabric, but will wait until I know if it is a boy or girl. 
We were going to change the drawer hands as my husband hated them, but we had a look and they were all longer, therefore would need different screw holes, and once we I sanded the fronts they blended in quite nicely. 


We did a little work on it as the drawers don't have runners and moved around heaps when you pulled them out.




The hated handles! I don't mind them as they are a bit vintage.

Taking off the handles.


 Making the new draw runner thingies . . .






The finish drawers {maybe just for now. . . you will have to wait and see.}









We have a cot . . . . . .

It needs a few little touch ups, but was only $60 including mattress, which was WAY better than the $500+ I would have spent on a new one.







Until Part 4 . . . . . . .  
(We are off on a family holiday next week so will be once we get back.)

Tash :o)

Part 4 is ready . . . . . . .HERE!

2 comments:

  1. I just found your site, it's gorgeous and you're very clever - I'm now following : )

    ReplyDelete